Dua for exam In this blog post, I will share some guidance on knowledge that will be worth your valuable time. Here are some simple words to explain what knowledge (Ilm) means and how it can be divided into two types: helpful and not-so-helpful.
We’ll also talk about how the knowledge of the people from the past (the Salaf) was excellent compared to those who came later (the Khalaf). So, when you need help, ask for it from Allah because all our strength and abilities come from Him.
Dua for exams is only beneficial when the knowledge you seek is good in ALLAH SWT’s eyes. Moving ahead, this is the powerful dua for exams if recited as many times as possible, for instance, before studying, before writing the exam, and believing in the plan of ALLAH SWT.
Best dua for exam success
- Best dua for exam success
- Prophet's (ﷺ) Guidance: Seek Knowledge and Pray
- Dua for students and knowledge.
- Best dua for exam success.
- Study dua for exam.
- Dua for exam success in English.
- What Dua should I say before an exam?
- Which Surah to recite before going for the exam?
- What does Allah say about exams?
- How to calm anxiety in Islam?
- How do you wish for an exam in Islam?
- Dua for exam pass
Prophet’s (ﷺ) Guidance: Seek Knowledge and Pray
“When someone embarks on a journey in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah facilitates their path to Paradise.”(Sahih Bukhari)
Dua for students and knowledge.
In a Hadith narrated by Anas that Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), peace and blessing be upon him, used to supplicate the words,
“Oh Allah! Help me with what You’ve taught me, teach me things that will be useful, and give me knowledge that can be beneficial.”
Abu Nuaym records the hadith of Anas that the Prophet (ﷺ), peace and blessing be upon him, used to say, ALLAH! I Ask You for faith that endures since faith could well disappear, and I Ask You for knowledge that benefits for some knowledge could well be of no help.
Abu Däwüd records the hadith of Buraydah that the Prophet (ﷺ), peace, and blessing be upon him, said, “Of a surety, some forms of speech (bayan) are magic,” and some knowledge is ignorance.”
Best dua for exam success.
Study dua for exam.
Studying the dua before the exam means embracing the belief in the oneness of ALLAH SWT and nurturing unwavering faith in the proximity of divine assistance. It involves praying to the Almighty by invoking His most excellent name, “As-Samad,” reciting Quranic verses and then readying oneself to surpass previously uncharted goals (aims that have not been previously explored or pursued). Indeed, Allah is the ultimate source of power, compassion, and sustenance for this world and beyond.
Study dua for exam.
Dua for exam success in English.
This is the best dua for exam success in English. If recited like Dhikr, it can do wonders. Below, I have created a step-by-step way to ask Allah for the best results and good memory for the desired exam outcome.
“O Allah, I ask You as all praise belongs to You Alone. There is no god but You, The Giver of all good, The Creator of the heavens and the earth. O Lord of Majesty and Honour, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists.”
On a different occasion, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) overheard a man saying:
The Messenger of Allah stated: “You have invoked Allah using His Greatest Name. When He is invoked by it, He answers, and when He is asked, He bestows.” (Sunnah)
“The most valuable wealth is wisdom, the finest provision is piety, and the greatest earnings come from good manners.”Imam Ali a.s.
What Dua should I say before an exam?
What I do is follow the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ). For Instance, before the exam, I perform the same steps that the Prophet (ﷺ) used to do in his life. This has a positive impact as it helps me remove negative energies that distract me.
Firstly, I used to start my day with the dua when I woke up and thanked Allah for granting me another day.
After that, I perform the Fajr prayer, recite a few pages of the Holy Quran, and try to understand its meaning. It’s an extraordinary moment for me because it feels like Allah is speaking to me directly about my exam.
After finishing my Quran recitation, I had a healthy breakfast to fuel my mind with energy.
Before opening my books, I recite a specific prayer for the exam, like the one mentioned earlier.
Maintaining strong faith is crucial because if you lose hope, it means you’ve already convinced yourself that you won’t do well in the exam. I hope this makes sense, and God willing, it will be helpful for you too.
Which Surah to recite before going for the exam?
There are many Surahs from the holy Quran that you can recite before going for an exam, such as:
|Surah (Chapter)||Dua purpose|
|Surah Al-Fatiha (1)||General supplication for guidance.|
|Surah Al-Baqarah (2)||Seeking knowledge and guidance.|
|Surah Al-Ikhlas (112)||For clarity of thought and focus.|
|Surah Al-Falak (113)||Seeking protection from evil forces.|
|Surah Al-Nas (114)||Seeking protection from negativity.|
|Surah Al-Kahf (18)||For seeking understanding and guidance.|
|Surah Yaseen (36)||For blessings and ease in studies.|
|Surah Al-Qalam (68)||For improving communication skills.|
|Surah Al-Isra (17)||Seeking strength and support.|
|Surah Al-Muzzammil (73)||For calmness and focus before an exam.|
|Surah Al-Inshirah (94)||Seeking relief from stress and anxiety.|
|Surah Al-Hashr (59)||Seeking protection and success.|
|Surah Al-Ankabut (29)||For patience and perseverance.|
What does Allah say about exams?
In Islam, it’s essential to acquire helpful knowledge for our life here and in the afterlife. There is a hadith of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) that goes as, “Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim.” (Ibn Majah).
How to calm anxiety in Islam?
Calming anxiety in Islam means finding ways to feel better when worried or scared. Follow these steps.
1. Trust in Allah: We believe that Allah is in charge of everything in Islam. A solid belief in Allah and his plans is the key to success because Allah says in the Quran that after every difficulty, there is ease. “Say, ‘We will only be touched by what Allah has decided for us. He is our protector.’ Believers should put their trust in Allah.” (Quran, Surah At-Tawbah, 9:51).
2. Praying: Regularly performing the Salah five times daily calms our soul and relaxes our mind. Praying helps us feel close to Allah and provides us with a sense of peace. So, when you’re anxious, try praying to find comfort and guidance.
3. Supplication (Dua): At times, we engage in a heartfelt conversation with Allah, seeking His assistance, akin to sharing our concerns with Him. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) imparted, “There is nothing more esteemed in the eyes of Allah than when you seek His aid” (Tirmidhi). Therefore, do not hesitate to beseech Allah for support during moments of anxiety.
4. Reading the Quran: Reading or listening to the Quran can make you feel calm and peaceful. Certain verses, like those in Surah Al-Baqarah (2:286) and Surah Ash-Sharh (94:5-6), can be incredibly soothing.
5. Remembering Allah: Being grateful is essential for opening the routes to new blessings from Allah. Saying phrases like “SubhanAllah” (Glory be to Allah), “Alhamdulillah” (All praise is due to Allah), and “Allahu Akbar” (Allah is the Greatest) can help you feel better when you’re anxious.
6. Learning About Anxiety: Sometimes, knowing more about why you’re anxious can make you feel better. Learning about anxiety and how to manage it can make you feel stronger. There is a beautiful quote from Mola Ali a.s. “Your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it.”
7. Staying Healthy: Eating well, exercising, and getting enough sleep can make your body and mind feel better.
8. Getting Professional Help: If your anxiety is extreme and brutal, asking a doctor or counselor for help is okay. They can understand your beliefs and help you.
9. Being with Supportive People: Having family and friends who understand and care about you can make you feel better when you’re anxious.
10. Positive Thinking: Try to think good thoughts and not worry too much about what might happen in the future. Remember, Allah knows what’s best for you.
How do you wish for an exam in Islam?
You can say, “May Allah (SWT) bless you with success in your exam and make it easy for you.” In Islam, when one wishes for success in an exam or any endeavor, it is essential to do so with a humble heart and sincere supplication to Allah (SWT). Here is a way to express such a wish, incorporating Islamic values and principles:
Dua before exam.
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem (بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ)
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
Ya Allah, Ya Rahman, Ya Raheem (يَا اللَّهُ، يَا الرَّحْمَٰنُ، يَا الرَّحِيمُ)
O Allah, O the Most Compassionate, O the Most Merciful.
Ya Rabb al-‘Alameen (يَا رَبَّ الْعَالَمِينَ)
O Lord of the worlds.
Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi ‘ala Deenik (يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ، ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِكَ)
O Turner of Hearts, keep my heart steadfast on Your faith.
Ya ‘Aleem al-Ghaib, Ij’al ‘Ilmi Mufa’anan (يَا عَلِيمَ الْغَيْبِ، اجْعَلْ عِلْمِي مُفَاعِلًا)
O Knower of the Unseen, make my knowledge beneficial.
Ya Kareem, Ya Wahhab (يَا كَرِيم، يَا وَهَّاب)
O Generous One, O Bestower of Gifts.
Ya Mujeeb, Astajib Du’aa’i (يَا مُجِيب، أَسْتَجِبْ دُعَائِي)
O Responsive One, answer my prayer.
Ya Rabbi, Ya Allah, guided my mind and heart during this exam, granting me clarity of thought and the ability to recall what I have learned. Strengthen my memory and give me success, but ultimately, let Your will be done.
Dua for exam pass
Rabbi zidni ‘ilma (رَبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا)
“O my Lord, increase me in knowledge.” (Quran 20:114)
Rabbi yassir walaa tu’assir (رَبِّ يَسِّرْ وَلَا تُعَسِّرْ)
“O my Lord, make things easy for me and do not make them difficult.” (Hadith)
Remember, while it’s essential to seek success in exams, it’s equally important to rely on Allah’s plan and be content with the outcome, knowing He knows what is best for us. So, always maintain a strong connection with Allah and put in your best effort in your studies.