Dua for evil eye for protection from the evil eye and learning the best ways to prevent harm from people and Jinns, following the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Things we are going to read in this post are:
- Types of evil eye.
- Dua for evil eye and black magic.
- Best practices to protect from the evil eye.
- Real-life story of a “sorcerer.”
- Most asked questions answered.
Nowadays, an increasing amount of people are suffering from psychological illness, magic, and the evil eye. This is why the family and the person afflicted with magic and evil eye face the consequences and put their family in a difficult situation.
Evil eye and black magic are real things for those who do not believe in these things, and they have been suffering from this, but still, they hesitate to accept the fact that this is genuine. People can get afflicted with evil eyes and black magic.
Today, there are more people telling fortunes and doing magic. They use deception, which can lead to evil things for anyone involved.
Types of evil eye (ayn)
- The evil eye emanating from human beings.
- The evil eye stemming from the jinn.
Hadith’s of Prophet (ﷺ)on evil eye.
Once, Sahl ibn Hunayf bathed at a place called al-Kharrar. While he was taking off his shirt, a man named Amir ibn Rabia watched and praised Sahl’s beautiful white skin, saying he had never seen anything like it, not even on a virgin. But soon after, Sahl fell sick. Someone informed the Messenger of Allah about Sahl’s illness, and he visited him.
Sahl explained what happened with Amir, and the Prophet said, ‘Why would you harm your brother? Instead, you should have said, “May Allah bless you” (ta baraka-llah). The evil eye is real. Perform wudu to remove its effects.’ Amir did so, and Sahl, now free from harm, joined the Messenger of Allah with no further issues. (Source: click here to read more)
Dua for evil eye from Jinn
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) always asked Allah for protection from jinn and the evil eye. Then, Allah revealed Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas. From that time on, he relied on these verses for protection, leaving everything else aside. (At-Tirmidhi)
How to be safe from evil eye.
- Try to be pious of every haram things as per Quran.
- Be in wudu most of the time it helps in ways that are beyond the imagination of humans.
- Start praying Namaz-e-Shab the best salah you will ever pray. (So many benefits this salah has)
- Recite these Surah or any of them Surah Al-Falaq, Surah An-Nas, Ayatul-kursi, Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al-Fatiha.
- Types of evil eye (ayn)
- Hadith's of Prophet (ﷺ)on evil eye.
- How to be safe from evil eye.
- Short dua for evil eye.
- Dua for protection from evil eye and jealousy
- Dua for evil eye
- Power of dua for evil eye and black magic
- From practicing sorcery to embracing the Islam
- How can the evil eye have an impact?
- Recognizing the signs of the evil eye
- How to keep safe from the evil eye.
- Seeking guidance from religious scholars
- Name of Allah to recite for evil eye
- What do you say against evil eye?
- What happens if you recite Ayatul Kursi?
- What did the Prophet say about evil eye?
- Which Surah Protects your children?
Short dua for evil eye.
My beautiful Muslim brothers and sisters, now it is required for us to strengthen our faith (Iman) and our connection with our lord because there is no refuge except with Allah Swt, no dependence except upon Him alone, and no cure except Allah Swt alone, for He is the one who possesses all cures in this world, and hereafter, he is the lord of the universe.
Dua for evil eye in english:
“So Allah is the best Guardian, and He is the Most Merciful of the merciful.
Indeed, my protector is Allah, who has sent down the Book,
And He takes care of the righteous.
So if they turn away, say, ‘Allah is sufficient for me.
There is no deity except Him. In Him I have placed my trust,
And He is the Lord of the Great Throne.'”
Dua for protection from evil eye and jealousy
Dua for evil eye
Dua for evil eye in english:
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
All praise is due to Allah, who has not taken a son and has had no partner in His dominion,
And all praise is due to Allah, who is not described by anyone and nothing is comparable to Him.
He knows, and no one knows like Him.
He knows the treachery of the eyes and what the hearts conceal.
And I seek refuge in the noble face of Allah and in the name of Allah, the Great,
From the evil of what He has created and originated,
And from the evil of what lies beneath the earth,
And from the evil of what appears and what is hidden,
And from the evil of what exists in the night and the day,
And from the evil of a scheming, envious person, and from the evil of the whisperer.
And I seek refuge from the evil that I have described and from the evil that I have not described.
And all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds.
Power of dua for evil eye and black magic
I heard about a couple who lived in the United States. They had known each other for eight years and then decided to get married. Both the bride’s family and the groom’s family agreed on it. They were married for a few years.
Everything was going well in their life when suddenly problems started. The husband became angry and irritable for no reason. They wanted to give their marriage more time to work out because they had known each other for eight years. But after a few months, they both got tired of dealing with the same thing daily. They decided to end the relationship.
The wife I spoke with received a call from her relative that lasted more than 1 hour. The relative suggested talking to an Islamic scholar to see if they could help with the situation. The family was shocked by what they were going through.
She went to see an Islamic scholar and told him about the problems she was facing, like rashes on her skin and bad behavior from her husband, etc. The Islamic scholar suggested some things to help, like being pure, practicing reading the Quran, and praying five times daily. He told a few verses from the Quran, like Ayatul Qursi from Surah Al-Baqara.
Later, after a couple of days, things started getting better, just like before. That wife and her husband couldn’t believe it because he didn’t used to believe in things like evil eye and black magic. The story’s moral is that if this can happen to her, it can happen to anyone. Also, after another visit to the Islamic scholar, she discovered that someone from her family had done black magic on them. But it became ineffective since she started reciting the Quran and praying Namaz-e-Shab.
P.s. The story was very long, so I made it short.
From practicing sorcery to embracing the Islam
I have another story to share about someone who learned black magic from his father. This practice ran in their family for many years. When his father passed away, he took over and started dealing with customers. These customers were wealthy and paid a lot for his help.
One day, like every other day, he met a client. At the client’s request, he asked for a photo and belongings of the person on whom the magic was to be performed. The client provided all the necessary things for him to carry out the magic.
That person did his black magic ritual and sent the jinns to go and attack another person. On the same evening, the jinns returned, saying they couldn’t enter his house. The person said, ‘No problem, try again the next day.’ The jinns tried again the next day, but they came back empty-handed, saying some force was stopping them from seeing the person on whom the black magic was performed.
The person who did the magic was surprised because it had never happened to him before. So, he decided to meet the person and find out why the jinns couldn’t attack him.
He met the person and learned that he was a practicing Muslim who used to recite verses from the Quran daily, like Surah Al-Fatihah, Ayat-ul-Kursi, Surah Al-Falaq, and Surah An-Nas.
After a while, he really believed in Islam and decided to become a Muslim. He even shared with the person he was trying to do Sihir (black magic) that someone paid him to do it, but it didn’t work. Alhamdulillah!
How can the evil eye have an impact?
First and foremost, it’s crucial to understand that the evil eye does not affect a person unless it is the will of Allah. It’s also important to realize that a person can unintentionally inflict the evil eye upon themselves or others. This can happen even without direct sight, such as in the case of a blind person or when describing something absent to someone.
The evil eye can result from witnessing something remarkable without harboring envy. It may even come from a righteous person or from beloved one. Therefore, it is recommended that when one sees something they like, whether it’s from themselves, their family, or others, they should say what has been narrated.
Ibn al-Qayyim explained that the evil eye is not necessarily the result of direct sight. Something may be described to a blind person, and they may still have an impact. Many times, those who give the evil eye do so based on description rather than direct observation.
Ibn Hajr pointed out a common confusion: how is it possible to give the evil eye from a distance and harm others? The answer lies in the varying natures of people. It could be compared to poison leaving the eye of the envious and affecting the body of the envied.
Some people who are known to give the evil eye describe feeling heat emerging from their eyes when they see something. This heat, like an arrow, can affect unprotected targets; otherwise, it may miss and even return to the shooter, similar to a real arrow.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhab emphasized that the evil eye only affects due to the evil soul. It is like a snake that can release its poison only if it bites. The evil eye takes the form of hatred, and this hatred produces a poison that can be potent enough to affect others from a single glance.
Recognizing the signs of the evil eye
People who have been exposed to black magic, the evil eye, or any mental struggle try to find a solution. They may or may not find one, and the only thing they can do is be patient through it all.
- Sudden Illness or Affliction.
- Sudden Failures or Misfortune.
- Unexplained Discontent or Unhappiness.
- Changes in Appearance.
- Changes in Behavior.
- Difficulty in Relationships.
- Animals Reacting Unusually.
Certainly! From the important belief in Islamic teachings is the faith in things that cannot be seen. This belief is crucial for Muslims and is a trait of the righteous, as mentioned by Allah.
Because in Surah Al-Baqara verse 1-3 Allah says:
الٓمٓ ١ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلْكِتَـٰبُ لَا رَيْبَ ۛ فِيهِ ۛ هُدًۭى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ ٢ ٱلَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِٱلْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَـٰهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ ٣
- Alif Lam Meem. (These are the opening letters of the Arabic alphabet and their specific meaning is known only to Allah.)
- This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah.
- Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
- Alif Lam Meem.
- Dhaalika al-Kitābu Lā Rayba Fīhi Hudan Lil-Muttaqīn.
- Alladhīna Yu’minūna Bil-Ghaybi Wa Yuqīmūna As-Salāta Wa Mimmā Razaqnāhum Yunfiqūn.
How to keep safe from the evil eye.
In Islam we know so many ways in which one can protect oneself from the magic and evil eye. Some of the best practices are:
Always say Mashallah (God has willed it) when you see something and it’s a good idea to make dua for the person by asking Allah to bless that person and wishing no harm upon them by saying “O Allah, bless them and keep them safe.”
“تَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ، اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ فِيهِ”
is pronounced as “Tabarak Allah ahsan al-khaliqeen, Allahumma barik feehi.” This phrase translates to “Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators. O Allah, bless in it (him/her).
- Be careful of people who might be jealous of you.
- Help yourself by keeping your needs a secret.
- Always be afraid of Allah and follow His rules. If you do this, Allah will protect you. There’s a saying in the Quran: “But if you remain patient and become pious, not the least harm will their cunning do to you.” (Surah Al-‘Imran, verse 120)
- If someone is not nice to you, be patient and don’t fight with them.
- Trust in Allah, because if you trust Him, He will take care of you.
- Talk to Allah honestly, love Him, be happy with Him, and say sorry if you make mistakes. If you do this, you won’t waste your time worrying about people who might be jealous of you.
Seeking guidance from religious scholars
If you or someone in your family is really not feeling well, or if you think someone did something bad, like black magic, it’s a good idea to talk to an Islamic scholar. They can give you advice that might help. Following their advice and doing the things they suggest can make you feel better. Allah says in the Quran that seeking help in the right way is a good thing.
Also, Allah Said in Surah Adh-Dhariyat (51:56):
“I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran 51:56)
Name of Allah to recite for evil eye
In seeking protection from the evil eye or any harm, You can call upon the Almighty Allah swt by the following names of Him:
- Al-Hafiz (الحفيظ): The Guardian, The Protector
- Al-Muhaymin (المهيمن): The Guardian, The Protector, The Watchful One
- Al-Mumin (المؤمن): The Faithful, The Guardian of Faith
- Al-Afuww (العفو): The Pardoner, The Forgiver
- Al-Qawiyy (القوي): The Strong
- Al-Hakeem (الحكيم): The Wise
- Al-Haseeb (الحسيب): The Reckoner, The Sufficient
What do you say against evil eye?
To protect oneself against the evil eye or black magic, it is best practice to recite supplications (du’as) seeking Allah’s protection. One commonly recited supplication is:
أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ وَهَامَّةٍ وَمِنْ كُلِّ عَيْنٍ لامَّةٍ
A’udhu bikalimatillahi at-tammati min kulli shaytanin wa hammatin wa min kulli ‘aynin lammah.
Translation: “I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from every devil, harmful creature, and evil eye.”
What happens if you recite Ayatul Kursi?
Some of the benfits of reciting Ayatul Kursi are:
- Guardian Angels: When you recite Ayatul Kursi before bedtime, it’s like having a special angel watch over you all night. This keeps away any evil spirits. It’s also good practice to recite the last two verses of Surah Al-Baqara.
- Peaceful Sleep: Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) suggested reciting Ayatul Kursi before bed. It’s even better if you do ablution (Wudoo) like you do for prayer, lie on your right side, and you’ll have the most peaceful sleep.
- Increased Faith: Reading Quranic verses, like the last ones in Surah Al-Baqara, brings you closer to Allah. Islam is a way of life, and it becomes easier when you understand the reasons. Just think about when Allah called Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) on Shab-e-Meraj and his experience of being close to Allah; it’s like feeling immense love and honor in the blink of an eye.
- Wisdom and Understanding: Ayatul Kursi teaches that Allah is always alive and self-sufficient. He never gets tired because He never changes. Understanding these verses can reveal hidden truths about the universe and help us seek Allah in everything we do.
- Protection During Travel: If you recite Ayatul Kursi before leaving home, Allah will send angels to protect you. Reciting it twice brings even more angels for added protection.
- Health Benefits: Reciting these verses isn’t just good for the soul; it can also help with anxiety, depression, hypertension, and diabetes. It has many health benefits, like preventing diseases and keeping your brain sharp.
- Dissolving Negativity: When you recite Ayatul Kursi, Allah promises a reward, removing negativity from your heart. As the Quran says, feelings of resentment will be taken away, and you’ll have lots of blessings, joy, and happiness. After reciting this verse, you may feel a similar pleasure.
What did the Prophet say about evil eye?
Authentic hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) on evil eye: Ibn ‘Abbas narrated that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said: Indeed, the impact of an evil eye is a reality. If anything could precede destiny, it would be the effect of an evil eye. Therefore, when advised to take a bath as a remedy against the influence of an evil eye, it is recommended to do so.
Which Surah Protects your children?
Children are the gift of Allah, and their safety is the utmost concern of every parent. However, as mentioned above, the dua can be recited for children’s safety: Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah An-Nas, Surah Al-Falaq, or Ayatul Kursi. All of these surahs can be recited for the protection of children.