Dua for toothache: And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. It is the work of Allah ﷻ, who perfected all things. Surely, He is well-acquainted with what you do. An-Naml-88
وَتَرَى ٱلْجِبَالَ تَحْسَبُهَا جَامِدَةًۭ وَهِىَ تَمُرُّ مَرَّ ٱلسَّحَابِ ۚ صُنْعَ ٱللَّهِ ٱلَّذِىٓ أَتْقَنَ كُلَّ شَىْءٍ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ خَبِيرٌۢ بِمَا تَفْعَلُونَ
Dua for toothache transliteration: Wa tara al-jibāla taḥsabu-hā jāmidatan wa hiya tamurru marras-sahābi. Sun’ā Allāhi-alladhī aṭqana kulla shay’in. Innahu khabeerun bimā taf’alūn.
Eating too many sweets can hurt your teeth. It has been known that the remains of sugar in the mouth can increase the bacteria effect, leading to teeth decalcification and cavities. But at the same time, if we look at the potential benefits of honey in relieving oral pain, they are immense. Many studies and research reports have already proved this.
Conversely, honey, especially manuka honey, has antibacterial effects that help minimize dental plaque, per a National Library of Medicine study.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “There is no disease that Allah ﷻ has created, except that He also has created its treatment.”
Dua for toothache in english
Abu Sa’eed reported: “A man approached the Prophet (ﷺ) seeking a remedy for his brother’s loose bowels. The Prophet advised him to give his brother honey. After the first dose worsened the condition, the Prophet instructed him to continue giving honey, emphasizing that Allah’s ﷻ guidance was true. Eventually, the brother was cured after following the Prophet’s advice.”
Honey has active antibiotic properties, and in fact, it helps disinfect the mouth. The Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), he regarded honey as the gift of Allah ﷻ that no medicine can ever equal its cure and benefits.
So, the best practice is to achieve the best results, and one should recite the Dua for toothache in the name of Allah ﷻ and then follow the procedure below stepwise.
The charm for the toothache cure
Ibrahim, son of Khalid, told a story he heard from Ibrahim, son of ‘Abd Rabbihi, who heard it from Tha’laba, who heard it from Abu Basir, who heard it from Abu ‘AbdAllah. May peace be upon him. He said
This remedy is charm for the teeth it is beneficial and will never fail Inshallah.
- Use three leaves of the olive tree (Al-zaytun) and write on those leaves, “In the Name of Allah ﷻ. There is no sovereign mightier than Allah ﷻ, the King, and you are his Khalifa. Ya, Haya Sharahiyya, remove the illness and send the cure, and may Allah ﷻ bless Muhammad and his family.“
- Write these words on the back of a leaf. Tie the leaf in a clean piece of cloth with a thread [sic]. Make seven knots in the thread and name each knot with the name of a Prophet – Adam, Nuh, Ibrahim, Musa, Isa, Shuayb. Pray for Muhammad (ﷺ) and his progeny, may peace be upon them, and attach it to the tooth. Inshallah, it will be cured.
- Then, place your finger over the teeth and recite Surah Al-Baqara verse 72 seven times on both sides. Inshallah, it will be cured.
وَإِذۡ قَتَلۡتُمۡ نَفۡسٗا فَٱدَّـٰرَٰٔتُمۡ فِيهَاۖ وَٱللَّهُ مُخۡرِجٞ مَّا كُنتُمۡ تَكۡتُمُونَ
Wa iz qataltum nafsan faddaara’tum feehaa wallaahu mukhrijum maa kuntum taktumoon (Surah Al-Baqara: 72)
Toothache dua in english: And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah ﷻ brought forth that which you were hiding.
“Ya Haya, Sharahiyya” are two of Allah’s ﷻ Names, the most merciful in the Hebrew language. If we judge with complete honesty, the divine commandments (Quran verse) are sweeter, more precious even than honey.
Powerful dua for toothache
This is the proven dua from the authority of chains beginning in the name of Allah, ﷻ the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Read the Surah (fatiha), the two Surah of taking refuge (al-Falaq) and (al-Nas), and the Surah al-Ikhlas.
Say, “In the Name of Allah, ﷻ the Merciful, the Compassionate” before each surah. After reading the sura al-Ikhlas (112), say:
وَلَهُ مَا سَكَنَ فِى ٱلَّيْلِ وَٱلنَّهَارِ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْعَلِيمُ
Dua for toothache in english– And to Him belongs that which reposes by night and by day, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
قُلْنَا يَـٰنَارُ كُونِى بَرْدًا وَسَلَـٰمًا عَلَىٰٓ إِبْرَٰهِيمَ
Dua for toothache in english– We ordered, “O fire! Be cool and safe for Abraham!
فَلَمَّا جَاءَهَا نُودِيَ أَنْ بُورِكَ مَنْ فِي النَّارِ وَمَنْ حَوْلَهَا وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
Toothache dua english– Blessed is He who is in the fire, and he who is about it. Glory be to Allah ﷻ, the Lord of all Being
Then, say, “O Allah, ﷻ O One Who protects from everything, and nothing protects You. Protect Your servant and the son of your bondmaid (al-ima’) from the evil of what he fears and is wary of in the pain he complains to You.“
Faith in healing from toothache
Islam is the way of life and there is a reason behind every thing the Almighty has created. Powerful dua for toothache: “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” Surah Adh-Dhariyat (51:56)
Similarly as we Muslims believe in the oneness of Allah ﷻ we also believe in the Holy Quran. But apart from believing we are not implying the teachings and the wisdom hidden in quran in our daily life.
Did you think that Allah ﷻ sent 124,000 Prophets (may allah ﷻ be pleased with them) just to guide the humans to true path of Islam? Quran also emphasizes on spirituality’s power by guiding hearts to tranquility and strengthening believers through prayer.
The main reason and goal of humans is always been to move towards perfection of soul and physical body is merely a tool.
Similarly, using prayer to cope with diseases is emphasized in Islamic texts. As Allah ﷻ says in Quran: ‘Call upon Me, I will respond to you (Surah-Ghafir). Therefore, the Prophets performed Salah before Allah ﷻ upon prevalence from diseases.
In a teaching, it is mentioned that if someone has a toothache, it is good for them to recite this verse from the Quran: It is Allah ﷻ who has brought you into being and made ears, eyes, and hearts for you, but you give very little thanks. (Al-Mulk 67:23)
Taking care of your spiritual side is really important for staying healthy. In Islam, getting closer to Allah is the main reason for this life.
Spiritual health means using our minds and feelings in a way that recognizes where we come from, worshiping Allah alone, being humble, submitting to Him, and trusting Him. All of these things should show in how we act and behave.
Consume only Purified nutrition (halal foods).
In Islam, eating healthy or purified food holds great significance. Allah ﷻ emphasizes this in the holy Quran: You can eat all good things and what your trained animals catch. Thank Allah ﷻ before eating, and remember He sees everything. Allah ﷻ judges quickly. So, when your trained animals catch something for you, say Allah’s ﷻ name and eat. Be mindful of Allah. (Quran 5:4)
It holds excellent wisdom behind it. Purified nutrition is a food that complies with the humor of a healthy human. Likewise, foul food is something that humans taste, and nature repels it (pork).
The nature means that the consuming goods should be free of any filthy and or inflicted by unclean objects.
In Islam, the things we use must be clean and free from anything dirty. This means that our products should not have any dirt or impurities. Weather it can be seen or not.
Tips for consistent spiritual well-being
In Islam, taking care of our teeth is seen as a good and moral thing to do. Brushing our teeth is considered a gift from the Almighty and is part of our traditions and ethics of Prophets.
According to twelve infallible Imams (عليه السلام), brushing your teeth makes Allah happy. Taking care of our teeth also adds to the goodness of our prayers.
There’s a saying from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) that praying two units of Salah after washing and brushing our teeth is better than praying seventy units of Salah without brushing.
When we care for our teeth, our wishes may come true in this world, and our worries may go away. It can even lead to salvation and being saved in the afterlife because Allah will be kind to you on Judgment Day.
Complementary practices for oral health
. Brush teeth with a miswak for cleanliness and blessings. Narrated Anas: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “I have reminded you many times to use the Siwak. (Siwak or Miswak is an organic alternative of brush).
Advantages and Benefits of the Miswak
- Allamah Ibn Daqiq (R) explains that using Miswak after waking up helps eliminate foul odors caused by vapors rising from the stomach during sleep, restoring a fresh taste.
- Imam Ali (عليه السلام) emphasizes that Miswak usage contributes to sharpening memory.
- According to Tibbe Nabawi, using Miswak is one of four things that increase intelligence, highlighting its cognitive benefits.
- Imam Ali (عليه السلام) notes that Miswak removes slime, promoting oral cleanliness.
- Hadhrat Aisha (R) claims that constant Miswak use is a cure for various illnesses, excluding death.
- Regular use of Miswak imparts a pleasant fragrance to the mouth.
- Miswak is known to strengthen gums, promoting overall oral health.
- It acts as a preventive measure against tooth decay.
- Miswak can impede the progression of existing tooth decay.
- Miswak is considered beneficial in alleviating headaches.
- It is said to assist in the relief of toothaches.
- Continuous use of Miswak is believed to create a radiant glow on the face.
- Miswak usage is associated with a radiant appearance of the teeth.
- It helps in removing yellow stains from the teeth.
- Miswak usage is believed to have a positive impact on eyesight.
- Miswak is claimed to have positive effects on the body’s overall health.
- It is believed to aid in the digestion process.
- Tibbe Nabawi suggests that Miswak’s usage helps clear the voice.
- Tibbe Nabawi also mentions that Miswak facilitates the appetite.
- Abu Hurairah (R) asserts that Miswak enhances the eloquence of a person’s speech.
- The continuous use of Miswak is believed to be a factor in easing the discomforts associated with death.
In Islam, caring for our teeth is not just about physical health—it’s also a moral and spiritual duty of every muslim. Islam teaches us the importance of dental care as a religious duty, bringing Allah’s ﷻ satisfaction and leading to spiritual well-being.